sexta-feira, 3 de dezembro de 2010

Miúdas com muito estilo: Salomé I



1.ª Parte - O querer

THE VOICE OF IOK - Rejoice not, O land of Palestine, because the rod of him who smote thee is broken. For from the seed of the serpent shall come a basilisk, and that which is born of it shall devour the birds.
SALOME - What a strange voice! I would speak with him.
FIRST SOL - I fear it may not be, Princess. The Tetrarch does not suffer any one to speak with him. He has even forbidden the high priest to speak with him.
SALOME - I desire to speak with him.
FIRST SOL - It is impossible, Princess.
SALOME - I will speak with him.
THE YOUNG SYR - Would it not be better to return to the banquet?
SALOME - Bring forth this prophet.
(…)
IOKANAAN - Who is this woman who is looking at me? I will not have her look at me. Wherefore doth she look at me, with her golden eyes, under her gilded eyelids? I know not who she is. I do not desire to know who she is. Bid her begone. It is not to her that I would speak.
SALOME - I am Salome, daughter of Herodias, Princess of Judaea.
(…)
IOKANAAN - Daughter of Sodom, come not near me! But cover thy face with a veil, and scatter ashes upon thine head, and get thee to the desert, and seek out the Son of Man.
(…)
SALOME - I am amorous of thy body, Iokanaan! Thy body is white, like the lilies of a field that the mower hath never mowed. Thy body is white like the snows that lie on the mountains of Judaea, and come down into the valleys. The roses in the garden of the Queen of Arabia are not so white as thy body. Neither the roses of the garden of the Queen of Arabia, the garden of spices of the Queen of Arabia, nor the feet of the dawn when they light on the leaves, nor the breast of the moon when she lies on the breast of the sea.... There is nothing in the world so white as thy body. Suffer me to touch thy body.
IOKANAAN - Back! daughter of Babylon! By woman came evil into the world.
Speak not to me. I will not listen to thee. I listen but to the voice of the Lord God.
SALOME (…)There is nothing in the world that is so black as thy hair.... Suffer me to touch thy hair.

IOKANAAN - Back, daughter of Sodom! Touch me not. Profane not the temple of the Lord God.
SALOME - There is nothing in the world so red as thy mouth.... Suffer me to kiss thy mouth.
IOKANAAN - Never! daughter of Babylon! Daughter of Sodom! never!
SALOME - I will kiss thy mouth, Iokanaan. I will kiss thy mouth.
(…)
SALOME - Suffer me to kiss thy mouth, Iokanaan.
IOKANAAN - Art thou not afraid, daughter of Herodias? Did I not tell thee that I had heard in the palace the beating of the wings the angel of death, and hath he not come, the angel of death?
(…)
SALOME - I will kiss thy mouth, Iokanaan.
IOKANAAN - I will not look at thee. Thou art accursed, Salome, thou art accursed.
[He goes down into the cistern.]
SALOME - I will kiss thy mouth, Iokanaan; I will kiss thy mouth.

Oscar Wilde, in Salomé
Quadro de Klimt

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário